DR. RICCARDO CAPPATO
CURRICULUM VITAE ET STUDIORUM
- High School degree at “Liceo Classico L. Ariosto”, 20 July 1977, full marks (60/60).
- Graduated in Medicine at Università degli Studi di Ferrara, 20 July 1983, full marks (110/110 cum laude) .
- Specialization in Cardiology, 8 July 1987, full marks (70/70 cum laude).
- From October 1984 to March 1989, Voluntary Assistant at the Cardiological Division in "Arcispedale S.Anna" Hospital, Ferrara.
- June 1985 abilitation in clinical practice in the United States of America “Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduated ECFMG” (certification number 389/958/0).
- From July to August 1982, Guest in the Cardiology Department of the “University of Alabama in Birmingham”, Alabama, U.S.A.
- September 1984, Guest in the Cardiology Department of the “Medizinische Hochshule Hannover”, Hannover, Germany.
- In 1987, 1988 and 1989, Assistant in the First Aid and Internal Medicine Deparments of the Local Healthcare Unit 33, Codigoro and Comacchio, Ferrara.
- From April 1989 to August 1996, Assistant in the Cardiology Department, Arcispedale S. Anna, Ferrara.
- From March to September 1992, Guest in the Clinical Electrophysiology Laboratory of the Cardiology Department of "Universität Krankenhaus Eppendorf”, Hamburg, Germany.
- From September 1996, Assistant in the II Department of Internal Medicine, AK St. Georg, Hamburg, Germany.
- Consultant in the Cardiology Department, Ospedale Civile, Cento (Ferrara), Italy.
- Member of the National Association of Hospital Cardiologists since April 1995.
- Member of the Scientific Program Organizing Committee of the European Society of Cardiology Working Group on Arrhythmias in the period 1998-2000.
- Member of the Italian Arrhythmology and Clinical Pacing Association since June 1998.
- Since February 2000 Director, Center of Clinical Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology, Policlinico S. Donato, S. Donato Milanese, Milan, Italy.
- Since January 2007, Co. Director of "Centro di Aritmologia delle Cliniche Casa di Cura Privata Clinica San Rocco di Franciacorta, Ome (Brescia) and Casa di Cura S. Anna, Brescia.
- Member of the Sudden Death Task Force, European Society of Cardiology.
- Creator and Coordinator of the BEDS Study (Brescia Early Defibrillation Study), a study on early defibrillation on population in the Brescia County, still ongoing since 1998 (with up-to-date inclusion of 2250 victims of cardiac arrest).
- Member of the Italian Cardiology Society since April 2003.
- Member of the Scientific Sessions Committee, Heart Rhythm Society
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology since July 2003.
- Chairman of the 1st Scientific Sessions of the “European Cardiac Arrhythmia Society (ECAS)”.
- Section Editor of the Heart International Scientific Journal since November 2005.
- Associated Editor of the magazine "Giornale Italiano di Aritmologia e Cardiostimolazione".
- Member of the Editorial Board of JCE (Journal of Interventional Cardiovascular Electrophysiology edited by Springer
- Member the of Scientific Sessions Committee, Heart Rhythm Society 2005-2009
- Member of the International Task Force, Rhythm Society (USA), EHRA (Europe) ed ECAS (Europe) following the guiding lines about the Transcatheter Ablation of the Atrial Fibrillation.
- Fellow of the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) since May 2008.
- During his carreer he performed around 10.000 electrophysiological studies and ablations, 1.250 pace-maker implants, around 2.000 coronary angiographies and 500 coronary dilatations.
- He is the revisor of different magazines: Circulation, Journal of The American College of Cardiology, European Journal of Cardiology, Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology, Europace, European Heart Journal, Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology, Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine, Italian Heart Journal, Iranian Cardiovascular Research Journal.
- President of the European Cardiac Arrhythmia Society (ECAS) from 2007 to 2011.
- Inventor of the subcutaneous implantable defibrillator concept del concetto di Defibrillatore sottocutaneo impiantable in humans (developed by Cameron Health, Inc., San Clemente in California ,USA).
- Appointed as Fellow at Heart Rhythm Society (FHRS) since April 2008.